The Rehabilitation Hospital of Memphis (RHM) is a state-of-the-art inpatient rehabilitation facility that complements the prestigious Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center and Firefighters Regional Burn Center, longstanding Centers of Excellence at Regional Medical Center at Memphis. RHM serves the same five-state region in which the hospital serves.
RHM delivers comprehensive, patient-centered, acute care, inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient treatment. We have programs and a 7-day therapy schedule to speed recovery and maximize independence. A renowned physician leads a highly trained team of occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech pathologists, nurses and recreational therapists specialize in evaluating and treating patients. We offer a variety of innovative programs to meet each patient’s complete rehab needs.
Therapy begins as soon as the patient’s physician prescribes our services. We work with the patient’s physician and nurses to design a treatment program, educate patients/families, prevent problems that impede recovery, and prepare patients for discharge. Our well-trained staff serves the following inpatient areas:
- Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center
- Firefighters Regional Burn Center
- Sheldon B. Korones Newborn Center
Advantages of Using the Rehabilitation Hospital of Memphis
- The medical director is a board-certified physiatrist with additional certification in pain management and rheumatology.
- The facility is part of the American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association.
- The facility offers private rooms.
- RHM offers an on-site Brain Injury Service Coordinator program for western Tennessee.
- RHM offers an experienced, caring staff with advanced education.
- RHM is a teaching hospital for UT Medical School which results in state-of-the-art equipment and treatment.
- Patients have access to surgeons and physicians who began the patient’s care in other centers at the hospital.
- RHM offers specialty programs and services in addition to traditional therapies including home evaluations and seating/positioning assessments. Patients may also spend time in a transitional suite, which is an apartment-like setting designed to prepare the patient for returning home.
- RHM is known for its unique therapeutic recreation and community outing programs to promote better patient adjustment and preparedness for discharge, as well as enhanced patient attitudes which result in faster recovery.
- The facility offers outpatient therapy for burns, multiple trauma, head injury, neurological diseases, stroke and spinal cord injury.
- A wheelchair accessible van allows RMH to provide community outings and integrated activities to enhance the care experience.