You have completed your application materials and you are ready to begin the Volunteer Process. The following information will be helpful to you as you start what we hope will be a long and rewarding relationship with Regional Medical Center at Memphis – our patients, family members, physicians and staff.
The Volunteer Process:
- When your background check has been cleared you will be notified of the date for the next Volunteer Orientation and to call Regional Medical Center’s Office of Occupational Health at 901-545-6097. With this office, you will schedule a TB skin test and possible lab work (titers for measles, mumps, chicken pox, hepatitis B and hepatitis C). Occupational Health is located in Regional Medical Center at Memphis’ Outpatient Care Center, 880 Madison Avenue, on the ground floor. If you have had a recent TB skin test elsewhere, you must take a copy to our staff in Occupational Health and they will inform you if you need the lab work before you begin your volunteer experience.
- Orientation is usually conducted bimonthly, on a Tuesday afternoon from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. For College Student Volunteers, there will be an additional afternoon orientation starting at 4:00 p.m. at the beginning of each fall and spring semester. Volunteers will meet in the Regional Medical Center’s Adams Pavilion (Administrative Building), 842 Jefferson Ave., at the seal in front of the security desk.
- Please park in the garage at the corner of Pauline and Jefferson Avenue and bring your parking ticket with you to get it validated.
- Once your application materials are all received, your background check has cleared, you have completed tuberculosis screening and immunization review, and attended a volunteer orientation; you are well on your way to the volunteer experience.
- When you are assigned to an available area, you will have to complete a departmental orientation as well.
- Final step…enjoy a rewarding experience as a volunteer for Regional Medical Center at Memphis!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Regional Medical Center at Memphis.
Regional Medical Center at Memphis